Lou Lou girls : How To Make Our 4th of July Wreath 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

How To Make Our 4th of July Wreath

WP_20140610_17_33_27_SmartShoot (2)
The 4th of July is just right around the corner and if you live in Utah, we celebrate the 24th, as well. If you want to show that your a proud American or want to celebrate your pioneer heritage, here’s the wreath for you! This is so simple and fun to make, I wanted to share for those of you that loved it but wasn’t our lucky winner.
Supplies:
13 inch foam wreath
10 to 11 pieces of white felt
10 to 11 pieces of red felt
6 pieces of blue felt
1 package of star stickers
1 box of straight pins
scissors
Directions:
  • Cut felt into 4  equaled sized pieces, and place them into separate piles.
WP_20140605_14_28_58_SmartShoot
  • Fold them into a triangle.
  • It won’t be perfect but just get it as close as you can.
WP_20140605_14_29_51_SmartShoot
  • Fold it again, the other way. Again, the edges won’t line up but get it as close as you can.
WP_20140605_14_31_37_SmartShoot
  • Pin the triangles to the foam wreath. Placing the points together. I used two pins for each piece of felt.
  • Rotate red and white and squeeze the sections close together, until you have a small patch left.
  • Depending on how big of blue section you want, fill with the blue felt, using the same technique as the other colors.
WP_20140605_14_36_25_SmartShoot
  • Hot glue the stars onto the blue section.
  • Pick your favorite patriotic ribbon to help you hang your wreath to your door.

27 comments:

  1. I love this wreath - I am a picky wreath person but this one looks really festive and pretty! Love it. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and patriotic! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lot of squeezing going on over here! lol Looks great, love the wreath and so easy to make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love love love the wreath now i really need one lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. We need to make a patriotic wreath, too and this one looks so good! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute wreath!! I like how you can also replicate this idea for other holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute is this?! Love it! Pinning it!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The wreath made out of felt squares makes it look so inviting and has a lot of depth and I like the soft material look.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice. Thanks for the share at the #WWDParty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! Pinned it to our Red White and Blue board on Pinterest and shared through Google+ #bloggersbrags

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this so much! I have been wanting to make a patriotic wreath and this one is so cute! Thanks for linking up to The Creative Exchange. I am featuring your project this week. xo, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! This looks pretty simple, just takes some time. I LOVE they wreath, it turned out fabulous! Thank you for sharing it at The Creative Exchange.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute idea! Love your wreath. Thanks for sharing how to make it at the party @DearCreatives Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing at Merry Monday Linkup! Visiting from http://www.everafterinthewoods.com This wreath is gorgeous sand I am going to give it a try... Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great wreath. Thanks for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas linky party.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love your wreath! Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites. I'm featuring you this week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great tutorial. Thanks for sharing at Craftin' Desert Divas for our Red, White, and Blue Linky Party.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    • Carson's Creations •

    ReplyDelete
  18. AWESOME wreath!!! And your tutorial is perfect! Thank you so much for sharing with us over at Craftin' Desert Divas!!!

    Emily
    Mollie's Motif

    ReplyDelete
  19. This wreath is so cute and looks super easy to make! Thank you for sharing on Hump Day Happenings! Pinning so I don't lose. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This turned out great! Your tutorial makes it really easy, too. Thanks for sharing with Hump Day Happenings.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for linking to Take-A-Look Tuesday over at Sugar Bee Crafts - you were featured today!! - - Mandy, SugarBeeCrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh I love this! I didn't catch on that it was made of felt! I love to play with felt, so I'm pinning this to make. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is the post that 1st caught my eye. Love the vividness of the colors. Great project.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great fun wreath for the holidays! I need to get on these things before the holiday rolls around. I would love to have a wreath on my door all year long! Thanks for sharing with Creative Style! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I would love this on my door. Wonderful craft project. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  26. That looks brilliant. Thanks for linking up to Sweet and Savoury Sunday, stop by and link up again. Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete